Monday, March 10, 2008

Milestones

I know you will find this hard to believe when I tell you that my 7-week-old baby rolled over from her front to her back today. I know, I know, that is the kind of milestone that an older baby usually achieves. I'm not sure why this baby has been endowed with superior lower body strength, but I can assure you there is a reason why we call her "Kicky Legs."

Don't worry yourself with her angry, crying face. Instead, focus on the lifted leg. Though this wasn't the official roll over (yes, we did try to restage it for the photo opp.), she was still lifting that leg and pushing off the ground!














Also, you may remember that I mentioned a while ago that Abigail smiled at me and Matt on the same day. Although I have thought about trying to capture that smile on film, I have to be honest that in those preciously short moments when she is actually flashing her toothy gums, all I really want to do is sit there and bask in the joy of her recognizing (and liking) me. :) Today, however, I noticed she was particularly enjoying her swing, so I was able to snap a few. Of course, I think she's darling, so I hope you don't mind if I put up more than one of this series!










































5 comments:

Heidi said...

Shann!!! I couldn't even get through the first couple of pictures without literally running to the living room and making Joel come see too. (What I actually said was "Turn off that TV and come see pictures of Dawson's future wife!!" Funny thing is that Joel knew I meant Abigail. :)

I could just look at her all day. She is absolutely gorgeous. We need to get together soon - I miss you all!
Hides

Debi Morton said...

These pictures are absolutely adorable! I love her smile! She looks like she is truly enjoying her swing. I can't believe she turned over. What a precocious little granddaughter I have! Such a smart girl!

Miss Mommy said...

That is very adorable! I do love little Miss Kicky Legs...angry face and all... :)

Just remember as you arrange her marriage, we have a negative 5 week-old boy who is in the market for a godly wife...

Miss Mommy said...

Shan- love the new pic at the top!!!!!

Lauren Brown said...

oh i just love this adorable baby girl!! precioussss pictures, thank you for sharing so many!!

I love reading all these stories, sounds like E is a wonderful big sis -- and of course little Abigail has amazing parents, too!

I miss you guys, all my love!! - Lauren