Thursday, March 27, 2008

Our Greatest Hope

It is our most fervent hope and our most repeated prayer that these two little girls would come to have a relationship with Jesus. That is to say that they would come to recognize their need for a Savior and that Jesus is that Savior, who was mercilessly beaten and bruised for their sins, hung on a tree in shame, and died alone. We want them to know that He then rose from the dead in victory over every element of this world that attempted to defeat Him. He saved us, rescued us, and gave us freedom from these same enemies. We are redeemed!! Hallelujah!

It is with this same joy and hope that I share the following story that took place innocently last night at bathtime.

Elizabeth: Who rescued me from the darkness? (in a voice that was asking a question but also already knew the answer)

Matt: Who? (wanting her to answer)

E: JESUS!! (loudly and with enthusiasm)

M: How did he do that?

E: He died for my sins.

M: Then what?

E: He rose from the dead.

M: And what happens if you believe in Him?

E: I will go to Him (with great joy in her voice)

PAUSE - thinking, thinking

E: I already believed in Him, Daddy.

Are you kidding me? Is it possible that my darling three and a half year old daughter is also my sister in Christ? As the tears come to my eyes, my heart is full of hope.

7 comments:

Matt said...

I participated in the conversation and that post still made me cry.

Debi Morton said...

OK, now you have me wanting to cry. What a joy to think Elizabeth may have already made this decision and understands it! Such a big concept for such a little girl--yet such a big God we serve that nothing is impossible.

Tyne said...

Tears of Joy all the way through that post ;)
tyne

The Knorr's said...

Oh, Shannon! I still have tears. What a great joy to see your sweet daughter so firmly in the hand of the Father!

andrea poehl said...

oh shannon...this is what you were referring to yesterday when i thought you were joking about abigail. we got side tracked & i never followed through to hear this wonderful story! praise the LORD...for her sweet, young faith & for parents who fill daily her heart with truth!

Miss Mommy said...

That is precious...

The Uptons said...

Thanks for sharing such a great conversation with E. I, too, had tears as I read!