Monday, June 30, 2008

Uncle David Got Married!

This past weekend in Lake Charles, Louisiana, we celebrated with Matt's younger brother, David, as he got married to a lovely young woman named Jennifer. We had a great time with all of the family, including Matt's aunts and uncles who traveled from far-away places just to be there.

To give you some idea of what the weekend was like, I came up with a little countdown. It came to me at 5:30 this morning as I was spending some time alone with Abigail (i.e. nursing) ;)

10...Mortons who caravaned from Houston to Lake Charles on Friday.

9... Hours round-trip spent in the car from College Station to Lake Charles and back

8...O'clock in the morning... the glorious hour at which all three of Matt's girls woke up on Sunday after a big wedding day! (usually it's 6 something)

7...Various meals, ranging from stuffed snapper (awesome!) on Friday night at the rehearsal dinner to hamburger (lukewarm) from What-a-burger on the way back on Sunday.

6...Hanging outfits that we kept free from dirt or wrinkles.

5...Hours of wedding festivities for my girls on Saturday.

4...Precious cousins who played and played and played. The youngest one (Abigail) played a little bit less and slept a little bit more than the others. ;)

3...New locales added to my list of most unique places I've nursed my babies.

2...Loving individuals joined in Christian marriage.

1...Happy couple off on a honeymoon to Banff.

And now the pictures (since I know that's what really matters!!)


























































Rachel had a very sweet fascination with Abigail. Frequently when I was holding A, Rachel would come up and just look at her or very gently reach out and hold her arm. Here, she came up while I was trying to dress Abigail for the wedding and wanted to assist with her shoes.













































Apparently, cousin Joshua is really into items of a mechanical nature. I feel certain his parents will help him learn not to poke people's eyes out. :)
















6 comments:

Matt said...

Wow...that was very impressive.

Tyne said...

Hey Shannon,
Love your countdown...especially the part about obscure nursing places. Don't you love nursing in funny places? You are such a good mommy. Who are berto and lonely paul? People you know or potential spam/viruses? Scared to click on them...

Miss Mommy said...

I, too, am a fan of the countdown...I prayed for you in your hour of need and as we drove 14 hours with our infant son! :) A looks like a doll- seriously, is she real? Your fam looks great in that last shot!

Debi Morton said...

For some reason my first comment hasn't posted so I'll try again. I may end up with 2 comments on here. At any rate--Great pictures! And your countdown captures the weekend beautifully. My favorite pictures are the ones of the flower girls together and with Jennifer. Those are precious. And, of course, the one of your family is darling. I was so proud of Elizabeth--she was a champ and so grown up. What a sweetheart!

Steph Harrison said...

i'm surprised nobody has commented on matt's facial hair growth! maybe it's because they're used to seeing it, but i certainly am not. i demand an explanation (or maybe politely request one :) )

i will say that my favorite picture is the one with siti, E, and A. they're all so beautiful!!

The Knorr's said...

Oh, Shannon, you have such a lovely family! May the Lord continue to grow your girls in grace and truth.

(and thank you for your sweet comment on our blog...I am ready to be kept on my toes!)

With all our love!