Monday, July 28, 2008

A Visit to Illinois

Last week Abigail completed a major rite of passage for every Morton baby: her first visit to Illinois to meet her great grandparents. To get there, she also happened to take her first airplane ride. Needless to say it was a big week!!

Abigail loved meeting her great grands, for whom she had many smiles and happy grunts. It was especially sweet to have Abigail's smiles since we were there for my uncle Jim's funeral.

This is my darling Grandma Appel (pronounced "apple") with my sweet baby. Everything I know about pies is because of this lady!












This is my beloved Grandpa Appel, who made me laugh and laugh.

















My sweet parents. They love Abigail so much!












Best picture of my dad from the whole week!

















Like my friend Gwyneth (another mom of two girls), I have discovered that I am a "matchy-matchy" mom. I may not look identical, but I have fun coordinating my outfit with theirs. (I didn't know I had it in me!)

















July 18, 2008. Six months old today!

11 comments:

Julia said...

I am loving your haircut, Shannon!

Shannon said...

Thanks, Julia. I just tried a new gal since my other lady moved away to San Antonio! I think I'll keep her. :)

Miss Mommy said...

So cute! I, too, love the pic of your dad!

I must confess- dare I say I am not even ashamed of the fact that I am a matchy-matchy mom myself!!

I am loving your new jewelry coordination- I have seen several sweet necklaces recently! Josh and I were just commenting (seriously) that you have left behind your old ways of black, cream, and brown and moved onto the exciting new world of color! I am impressed!

Debi Morton said...

Happy 6-month birthday, sweet Abigail! These pics are wonderful and I love the one of your dad. I've never seen him laugh so hard! The ones with your grandparents are priceless and I know you cherish them. And you and Abigail look lovely all matchy in your blue.

Shannon said...

Em, you are too funny! I also loved red in addition to my tried and true black, brown, and cream!! (ha!)

Anyway, I am trying some new colors and loving it. Thanks for noticing as only a long-time friend would.

Claire said...

I love reading the stories about the antics of your sweet girls. I also love that you are a matchy-matchy mom, I SO will be too! I hope y'all are doing well Shannon, miss you!!

The Knorr's said...

Love the necklace, Shannon! You and Abigail look so beautiful together. What a precious set of girls you have...I am consistently in awe.

(And I'm so glad you got to be with your family in Illinois. The pic of your dad is fantastic!)

Joel Cook said...

So I don't have anything to add about your hair or your jewelry or your regalia (used a thesaurus for that one).

However, I now know who they model cabbage patch kids after. Too cute!

Steph Harrison said...

shannie, it is now August 27th. almost a month after your last post. i demand more morton updates! ;)

Tyne said...

Where have you been, Shannon? I miss those little Morties! Are you super busy, or what? Tell me more encouraging stories of E and Abigail.

Amber said...

hey, did you forget you have a blog? just remember that those of us who don't live close (you know, w/in 100yds) need more updates: including (but not limited to) pics of elizabeth at dance lessons and her b-day party.