Thursday, March 26, 2009

Texas Traditions

One of the greatest Texas traditions is cute kids and bluebonnets in the Spring. Yesterday, my dear friend Amber and I (along with a new friend, Diane) took our babies out to a great patch near Independence, TX, and took lots and lots of pics! Amber's baby, Carson, is a cutie. He has a killer smile, and he's super friendly. See below!


Amber is an awesome mommy! She really loves Carson, and he knows it!!





Then, my kiddos had a great time. Elizabeth took off her shoes and scampered in the grass and flowers. Sadly, she wound up with many ant bites. She's doing much better today, just red little marks on her feet where those nasty ants had a field day.







This last one cracks me up. Amber brought a bunny as a prop for the pics. Elizabeth took a real shine to the bunny. ( I must say he was very life-like.) She put him out in the "field" and asked us to take a picture. So creative and funny!

9 comments:

Jon and Brittany said...

Okay, these pictures are SO cute! I love the one of A sticking her sweet hand to you. SO ADORABLE! Hope you guys enjoy your weekend :) Love you!

Debi Morton said...

OK, I must have copies of these pics of my girls. I want one of the header pic and at least one of the ones of Miss A. They are just too adorable!

Debi Morton said...

I decided I want the one in the basket!

Andrea & Marty said...

Such sweet pictures Shan! I agree with Brit about loving the one with Abigail holding her hand out. I can almost hear her sweet voice saying, "mama!"

Miss Mommy said...

Those are great and I love the new header! Is Matty back yet? Josh leaves for a conference in Amsterdam tomorrow thru Thursday... :( LOVE you!!!!!! I would love to give you a call this week- lots more open time- FINALLY!

Amber said...

what a fun day to remember! i'm honored that Carson and I got such a prime spot on the blog :)

Miss Mommy said...

p.s. Love your new posting profile picture, too!

Nana Phyllis said...

Love the bluebonnet pics. Also love the fav food for Elizabeth - Come back to Victoria where I can corrupt her some more!

Nana Malone

Arica said...

These are sweet pics! What a great idea to put Abigail in the basket. Super cute!