Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Snapshot

Sitting at the table tonight and savoring my Jell-o chocolate pudding, I realize I have a really good life. I have a husband who loves the LORD, me, and his darling daughters. He takes an active role in their lives and makes them (and me) laugh hysterically. I also have two precious daughters. The oldest had her first dance recital this weekend and now has been bitten by the dancing bug. She talks of almost nothing else and is so, SO eager for her next chance to be on stage. Then there is the youngest, who just found a book on the living room floor. It's about 1/4 of her size, but she faithfully carries it into the kitchen and looks for someone to read it to her. Matt (remember my previous comments and the fact that I'm thoroughly enjoying my Jell-o) volunteers to read. Abigail toddles over, gives Matt the book, and sits down on command to hear her favorite book being read for the 100th time.

P.S. She has it memorized. She can say certain words like "ball," "-gon," for wagon, and kisses at the kitty in the picture. This is sheer bliss, and I couldn't be more grateful to God who gives good gifts to His children. How blessed am I to be one of these?

3 comments:

Margaret said...

I love this post. It's so amazing when such a sense of gratitude pours over us for the blessing of our family!!

Debi Morton said...

My precious Shannon, how I love to hear your sweet contentment and gratitude come through in this post. How precious it is when we realize how wonderfully the Lord has blessed us. May you always be aware of that blessing on your life and that of your family.

Miss Mommy said...

I second Debi. That was a great post. I had a pretty sweet day, too, and am glad we can both be content! I am slightly, ever so slightly, jealous of a walking child who is content with Daddy, too. ;)