Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Firetrucks and More!

One of our absolute favorite places to go is the public library, and in the summer, they offer great events designed around their summer reading program. Today, they invited different "big rigs" to come and open their doors to all who were interested. So our playgroup went and explored a fire truck, ambulance, motorcycle (not sure how this is a big rig), and an ice cream truck.


Of course, we got a picture with Maxwell.


















E is always asking if she can drive the minivan, so she REALLY liked driving the fire truck!!














She wasn't quite sure about the motorcycle, but I thought it was neat!!


















The ice cream man was a serious hit because he actually gave away some of what he brought.


















8 comments:

Miss Mommy said...

Love the last one- I dub it popsicle face!

Debi Morton said...

Someday we may have to explain to this child why we took so many pictures of her with food on her face. She is just sooo cute when she is happily indulging in a sweet treat!

G.R.Morton said...

I am jealous. Elizabeth gets to drive a fire truck and I don't. Way to go Elizabeth!

Shannon said...

Em, I accept your dub of "Popsicle Face." She really liked it and ate most of it, even though we were supposed to be sharing! :)

R said...

What a fabulous ice cream man! I want free ice cream, too. =) We have these great Paletas guys who walk/run around town pushing carts full of sweet, fruity Popsicles...actually, I guess they are technically paletas. It is one of my goals to buy one before we move away...if we ever move away! -Rachel Whitenton

The Knorr's said...

Oh, my darlin'! Oh my darlin'! Oh my darlin' Popsicle Face! What a super duper cutie! Oh, my darlin' Popsicle Face!

Lauren Brown said...

bomb pops...my favorite!! we used to get those at camp on the fourth of july when i was a kid...so fun, reminds me of my childhood!

I LOVE YOU!

...oh, please update me on your appointment tomorrow. i am anxious to hear and will be thinking about you!!

Shannon said...

Amy Knorr, you get the prize for most clever! Love the song, sweet friend. :)

And Rachel, you will never believe, but we, too, had ice cream men strolling around our apartment complex. I always wanted to buy some from them, but alas I studied French and not Spanish in school. I was afraid I might get myself in a pickle, linguistically speaking.