Tuesday, July 31, 2007

That Little Creamery in Brenham...















...is not only big on taste, but also big on generosity. Two weekends ago, they celebrated their 100th anniversary by giving away over 2000 gallons of various-flavored ice cream! We went with Matt's family out to Brenham, TX to help them celebrate. Here are some of our favorite pics from that weekend!

Is this not a dreamy picture? Elizabeth's Ghido Ghido(great-grandfather) sharing his ice cream with her?















Of course, Daddy shared his ice cream with her.




























After the ice cream, we walked around to see the various exhibits, including this one featuring the actual cows who have been in Blue Bell commercials. Here Elizabeth posed with her Siti (grandmother).















Elizabeth really enjoyed making this old-fashioned pump work.


















An emu? (I think Elizabeth is thinking the same thing!)














She got a little washable tattoo to remember the day by.














Finally, some good clean fun as Elizabeth played in the jump house.


















You know, Blue Bell claims it is the best-tasting ice cream in the country. Not having traveled widely across the US, I'm not sure if their claim is true. I can acknowledge that there might be better ice cream out there. However, what I can say is that there is no better ice cream in Texas than Blue Bell, and when it's on sale, I stock up!

9 comments:

The Uptons said...

I've tried ice cream in a few places and I have to say that I think Blue Bell is the best. Haagen Daz (spelling?) is the only one that even comes close and I still don't think it is as good.

Matt said...

Blue Bell is definitely better by a country smile. I was so glad that our little E had so much fun at the creamery...I wish they had a party like this every year!

Amber R said...

Okay, when i saw that top picture, I was thinking, "who's the kid?" it did not even cross my mind that that girl could be little E :( she's really growing up before my eyes.

Miss Mommy said...

Super-cute pics, my friend!

I have to say, Heyn's ice cream in Iowa City, IA is the best I have ever eaten! Just sayin'...

Matt said...

No offense, Emily, but if Heyn's was that good, would they be confined to Iowa City?

Just a thought...discuss it with Josh and get back with me.

Also, tell Josh to update his blog.

That's all for now.

Miss Mommy said...

Oh, Mattie...we mock what we don't understand...

The Knorr's said...

I must say that there really is nothing like Blue Bell! Having found nothing to compare (or worth spending the calories on), we've given up and just get the sugar free Dreyers...such sadness.

LOVE the E pictures! And an emu?

estan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
estan said...

update!