Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Just Duckie



When Elizabeth was a newborn, we used to dress her in this precious white sleeper that was dotted with little yellow duckies. At the top sat a little duckie with the moniker "Just Duckie." This is why for a long time we called E our little duckie. We both LOVED this sleeper (I think my mom gave it to us.). Anywho, of course, we kept it for the next one and will likely keep it even after we have no more duckies to wear it. This is huge for me since I am not an overly sentimental person when it comes to possessions; I tend to be very utilitarian.

Sadly, I have no photos of E in the just duckie sleeper, so I decided last night to take some of Abigail so as to preserve this moment in pictures. :) Here you go:







For these, I turned the flash off.



3 comments:

Debi Morton said...

Abigial looks just ducky in the sleeper! Although in the one picture, she looks a little startled. It's one of my favorites as well, so these pictures are especially fun.

First Theology said...

Shannon that is a cute kid! I'm a bit sad that I won't see her first hand next week (or that Matt & I won’t be able to beat you ladies at spades). For the record, I still think Abigail favors you. Take care of my wife next week while she takes care of you :)

Shannon said...

Josh - I feel totally honored that you would leave a comment on the blog! Thanks, friend! I appreciate that you think she looks like me. I kind of do, too, but it's hard to avoid the Morton resemblance when you've got those kind of cheeks. :)

Anyway, we'll do our very best to take care of Emmie. I know you'll miss your girls.