Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Little Mama

So it's been remarkable to watch Elizabeth blossom since we've had Abigail home with us. She is very interested in all things baby, including but not limited to changing the baby, feeding the baby, bathing the baby, and even soothing the baby. E knows that when Abigail cries there are a handful of possible solutions, including giving her her pacifier (aka pacie). Fortunately, the other morning I had my camera handy to be able to snap these pictures quickly before the moment passed.

When Abigail started crying, E took it upon herself to run (literally run) to the bassinet, scoop up the pacie, and run back to patiently hold it in A's mouth until she stopped crying. As I watched, of course, I thought to myself, "That is NOT what Abigail needs nor is it the reason why she's crying. That will never work." But just to keep me humble, Abigail actually did stop crying once her big sister stayed with her for awhile. I stood corrected (and amazed!).









6 comments:

Steph Harrison said...

so so cute!! it made my heart leap with joy to see E and A bonding. so cute!

Debi Morton said...

The pictures in the Little Mama section didn't download for me. Is it just my computer?

Margaret said...

I can't see them right now either.

I'll be praying for the acid reflux to work itself out. I hope Thursday was a better day.

Shannon said...

So sorry, everyone! I tried to upload the pics again and hopefully they will work! Let me know if you can't see them. :)

Debi Morton said...

I'm so glad you fixed the pictures. They are just adorable. What a joy to see Elizabeth loving her little sister so much and wanting to comfort her. I pray that there will always be a wonderful close bond between these two precious little girls.

Sharen Leigh said...

absolutely precious and priceless!