Monday, April 28, 2008

Things I love about Abigail

It's been a while since I've had a three-month-old baby living in my house, so needless to say, I had forgotten what it's like. Sure there are CrAzY times with lots of crying (mostly me), feeling overwhelmed and inadequate, and loads of laundry. But there are definitely sweet times that fill my heart with joy. And since I don't want to forget THOSE times, I thought I'd write them down here. I am writing these mostly for me, but I knew you'd enjoy reading them as well.

Things I love about Abigail:
-- the way she smiles with her whole body. From her head to her toes, she lets you know you are one of her favorite people. More specifically, she stretches out her legs and curls her toes when she sees me, and she squinches up her nose and smiles when she sees Matt.

-- the sound of cooing. Just the other night we finally got it on videotape. As soon as I figure out how to upload it, I'll put it on the ol' blog. She is also experimenting with her voice and entertaining herself (and us) with all of the new sounds she can make.

-- the smell of her hair after bathtime. We use this lavendar shampoo, and she just smells yummy! Cuddling is no hardship, my friend!

-- the fact that she already needs a haircut, specifically her bangs. Now I recognize that this is not typical for most three-month-olds. However, our girls come endowed with oodles of hair.

-- the fact that she has found her hands and tends to stare at them for long stretches. She is also figuring out how to get her little thumb in her mouth, and when she does, the sound she makes as she is sucking on it is pure cuteness. Even as I write this, I realize that this might be hard to imagine as "cute" for my male readers, especially the single ones. ;)

-- the way she has discovered that someone is holding her. Normally, she looks out when I am holding her on my shoulder. However, just last week, she looked in and to her delight (and mine) was pleasantly surprised to find my face looking back at her. She looked at me for a long time then began smiling. Ah, I love it!

-- the way she loves Elizabeth and delights in her. In fact, the first laugh Abigail uttered was due to Elizabeth's shenanigans around the house.

These are the ones that come immediately to mind at this time. As I think of more or observe more, I'll be sure to update. Sorry there aren't any pics for this post. But I promise more soon.

5 comments:

Julia said...

Oh man, a haircut? I'm pretty sure Grace will make it to at least her 3rd birthday without needing a haircut. Maybe her 4th.

Tyne said...

don't you just love it?! I had been threatening Caleb with a vasectomy the WHOLE time I was pregnant (and I really loved being preg. with avery). Now I am sooooo loving this baby stage, I think I want another. Did I just write that?

Debi Morton said...

What a precious post! I'm so glad you are taking the time to simply enjoy Abigail during this precious time. These are just some of the reasons I love babies and especially my grandbabies! We need to see her again soon so we can experience some of the wonderful 3-month times, too.

Unknown said...

Shannon you have a wonderful blog. I am from the paper world though, so I do hope you print off the blog some time and all the wonderful messages you have written. It would make an awesome scrapbook of life for your children.
The girls are adorable.
Enjoy these time, they go by so fast.
Love to all,
Excited to see and meet everyone in June.
Loveya,
Aunt Becky
Abigails middle name is Rebecca right?

Miss Mommy said...

What a sweet reminder of the fun times to come...Abigail sounds purely delightful!