Sunday, December 14, 2008

Just a Little Funny Story

Abigail continues to go through some important changes. The most recent was moving from her high chair to a booster seat at the table. Now this might be a little too soon, but that high chair definitely took up a lot of my kitchen space, and Abigail is sitting up so well. So we thought, "Why not?" So as of this week, A now sits in what was Elizabeth's old booster seat, and Elizabeth now sits in a big girl chair at the table. She seems to like the switch.


This detail is only moderately important, but it helps you to picture where the following story happened. Tonight at dinner, we gave Abigail some Ritz crackers. She loves theses things (and so do I). They are steeped in rich, buttery goodness. So, naturally, I gave her three whole crackers, not parts of crackers. I was actually experimenting to see what she would do. (Don't worry, Siti and Grandma, I watched her like a hawk to see if she would shove the whole thing in her mouth or if she would take little nibbly bites. Would you believe she took little bites?) I'm so proud of her. It was very cute. But perhaps the cutest part came next. She had two Ritz crackers, one in each hand. She had been eating one and was about half finished with it. She looked thoughtfully at the other whole round cracker in her opposite hand. With little fanfare or care, she tossed aside the half-eaten one and went to work on the whole one. Matt and I saw the whole thing and laughed at how her mind must have been processing that little scenario. Matt thinks it's just another clue of how similar she and I are. But who wouldn't prefer a whole cracker, to some ol' half-eaten one?

And now a picture to reward you for reading a story that may have been funnier in the moment than it was just now ;).

5 comments:

Debi Morton said...

First of all, I love the picture! Great hair! And the story is precious. I agree that anyone would want a whole cracker if they had a choice. How great to see how her little mind figured that out. So cute! She's a pretty smart little girl.

Jon and Brittany said...

Shannon,

Your girls are just PRECIOUS! I can't stand how cute that picture of A is...she is so happy! Can't wait to see you tonight...it's been TOO long! Love you!

Miss Mommy said...

I loved the story and it was definitely funny, but I laugh at everything you say!! ;) LOVE the bath pic- she and Luke have a lot in common, looking at their sweet arms! I just love that! Our health visitor (aka nurse) encouraged me to drop some formula and encourage more finger foods...I just looked at her dumbly, as if to say, 'Do you know my son? he is a BOY...ie has NO fine motor skills..." Sigh- they are so pro-weaning here....speaking of, what's your plan?

Amber said...

HILAAARIOUS!!! AND... I recognize that ducky!!!

Christine Hoover said...

cute picture!!!
you are a great blog writer...