Saturday, March 27, 2010

Breaking News...

This just in...Elizabeth Morton has lost her first tooth! On Wednesday, Matt helped her by wiggling, then pulling out, that tiny little baby tooth, leaving her with a fun space to stick her tongue. She was so proud (I would even say she was beaming) as she went up to her preschool the next day and showed off her bottom gum line. She was especially eager to tell everyone how the tooth fairy came to visit her and left her a little surprise.



We've been reading this book:



So E had some fun ideas about who the tooth fairy is and why she would want E's tooth. My baby is such a big girl now! I just can't believe it.

In other news, Samuel laughed for the first time yesterday. Oh my goodness, it was just precious. I was taking off his clothes to give him a bath, and as I was pulling his arm through his sleeve, I must have inadvertently tickled his little armpit because he giggled. So what did I do? The same thing any mommy would do, I think! I did it again hoping to hear another giggle. And he DID giggle. Not one to be too selfish, I quickly went and got Matt and the girls who were reading bedtime stories. They were excited, too. So it was so nice of SamSam to oblige and giggle for them as well.

It was one of those family moments you live for. So precious and so hard to replicate. I really just wanted to live in that moment for a long time.

Later Matt and I agreed: We really love our little family. :)

5 comments:

Debi Morton said...

Great new pics! Love the one of Abigail and Samuel. This post just made me smile from ear to ear. I can just see Elizabeth showing off her gap to everyone at school so proudly. We could hear that pride in her phone call to us after that tooth came out. And I'm so excited about little Sam's giggle. Can't wait to hear it for myself on Sunday. I love your little family, too!

Nana Phyllis said...

Congratulations to Elizabeth on her first tooth loss! What fun times you are having with your little ones. Love hearing about your lives.

Miss Mommy said...

Love all the new pics, esp the header! I think little boys (Luke and SamSam in particular) have the BEST giggles. One of my very favorite things!!

Tell E congrats from Aunt Em!

Allie Jordan said...

Wow! We are excited here at the Jordan household! Tell E we are happy for her and give our love to your whole family. We love you guys! Keep the posts comin'!!!

Mamama said...

Love your photos! What fun for Elizabeth to have lost her first tooth! Time is really flying. The 5 of you are so blessed to have the precious family you have -
Gayle from Emily's lap top